Yes, it is possible to buy a home now and refinance at a lower rate later. This is called a “buy now, refinance later” strategy.
There are a few things to keep in mind if you are considering this strategy:
- You will need to make sure that you can afford the monthly mortgage payments at the current interest rate.
- You will need to be prepared to pay closing costs when you refinance.
- You will need to wait until the interest rates have decreased before you refinance.
If you are confident that interest rates will decrease in the future, then the “buy now, refinance later” strategy can be a good way to save money on your mortgage. However, it is important to remember that there is no guarantee that interest rates will decrease.
Here are some things to consider when deciding whether or not to buy a home now and refinance later:
- The current interest rate: The higher the current interest rate, the more you will save by refinancing at a lower rate.
- Your financial situation: If you are not financially ready to make the monthly mortgage payments at the current interest rate, then you may not be able to afford to refinance later.
- The housing market: If you think that home prices are going to continue to rise, then you may want to buy a home now and lock in a lower interest rate.
- Your personal preference: Some people prefer to have the peace of mind of knowing that they have a fixed interest rate for the life of their mortgage. Others are willing to take the risk of refinancing later in order to save money.
Ultimately, the decision of whether or not to buy a home now and refinance later is a personal one. There is no right or wrong answer, and the best decision for you will depend on your individual circumstances.
Contact us today!