Its a pretty dreary, rainy day here in Virginia Beach. How about a couple tips to bring your own sunshine on a cloudy day? Everyone needs a little pick me up, but being able to do it on your own shouldn’t be overlooked! Here are a few simple ways to improve your day today.
1. Declutter. If you’re at home, make your bed and put away any clothes that are just laying around. If you’re at the office, clean up your desk. Having an organized environment helps organize your thoughts. It’s not about being a clean freak, it’s about having less distractions and a clearer head.
2. Get up and stretch. Get a little boost of rejuvenation by getting those muscles moving. Try to touch your toes, raise your arms over your head, or arch your back. No need to go crazy, just elongate your muscles and breathe. It can be surprising how satisfying just simple stretches can be. Try to release some of that built up stress.
3. Listen to your favorite songs. It is scientifically proven that listening to music reduces stress and lowers blood pressure. Try creating a playlist of songs that you know boost your mood, that way you can always have it and keep adding to it!
4. Eat your favorite food. Treat your self! There is no harm in indulging in your favorite ice cream or ordering a philly cheesesteak from that sandwich shop down the street. As long as you do it in moderation, consider this a hard earned treat. Reward yourself and all of your hard work!
5. Call a loved one. Catch up with someone you haven’t talked to in a while. Just take a few minutes to show someone that they have been on your mind and that they are loved! That same feeling will resonate throughout the rest of your day. Putting a smile on someone’s face is one of the simplest joys. All you have to do is give them some of your time.
Hopefully at least one of these things have brightened up your day. They are all simple, painless things that can be done to improve your day to day life!
We know home buying can be intimidating, especially if it is your first time. A home is a lifetime investment, which is a big deal! But don’t worry, were here to help. We compiled a list of Do’s and Don’ts to make it a little less scary and a lot more exciting!
DO determine what it is that you want, verses what it is that you need. Buying the house with a built in Jacuzzi may seem like a great idea (which if it fits in your budget, it definitely is!), but if that comes before buying the house with a kitchen big enough for your growing family, it is not a necessity! The average American lives in the same house for 9 years, so start thinking long term needs. Are children in your future? Any pets? Do you plan to resell? Making a list of necessities is a great way to avoid any buyer’s remorse due to excessive purchases.
DO your research. Get to know the local neighborhoods and the schools assigned to them. More appealing neighborhoods vary from person to person, so make sure the one you chose fits your lifestyle. If you are into outdoor activities, look for places to jog or if there is access to tennis courts, swim clubs, or golf courses. If you are a young, single professional, a gated community filled with families and small children may not be the best fit for you.
DO get preapproved for a loan. This involves VA Mortgage Corp verifying the financial information you provide, and providing you with a preapproval letter stating what you qualify up to. Getting preapproved gives you more pull than a buyer who is not preapproved because the sellers don’t need to worry that you might get turned down for a loan. Plus, wouldn’t you want to know how much you have available to spend on your new home?
DO find a trusty real estate agent. A good agent will listen and make your priorities, their priorities. Ask friends and family for references, and make sure you actually like them… you could be spending the next six months together! Make sure they are reliable and have your best interests in mind.
DON’T make large credit purchases. Your credit paperwork is being submitted for approval, and any large purchases can seem abnormal and raise red flags. It can spike your debt-to-income ratio and/or your credit utilization.
DON’T switch jobs. It is standard protocol for us to verify your employment and switching jobs can mean an adjustment in your income. This could mean revisions to the approved amount or even denial of the loan. Although considered a high-risk lender, it can still be possible to get approved. Just make sure you give us a heads up and have all your key paperwork ready to go. We will work with you every step of the way.
DON’T make large deposits without a paper trail. Large deposits may be looked at as newly borrowed money, indicating a higher debt-to-income ratio. Large deposits are typically considered $1,000 or more and have an unclear origin. Transfers and payroll deposits are normal, but anything that is unusual must have an explanation. This includes bank statements, checks, and any other source showing proof of the income.
DON’T give up! In the end, being able to step into your new home is such a rewarding feeling. But the journey can be a process. We know, and we’re here to help in any way. It is important to understand any and all changes in personal assets, income, or debt that can alter the mortgage application. If you’re not sure, just ask! At VA Mortgage Corp, we’re here for you.
This morning, many rescuers, survivors, and their families gathered around the World Trade Center and the Pentagon to commemorate an event that changed history. Today marks the sixteenth anniversary of the deadliest attack on American soil, although it still feels like yesterday. Every year, September 11th is remembered as a tragedy that killed almost 3,000 people when jets piloted by terrorists hit the Trade Center and the Pentagon. Many people were left without mothers, fathers, grandparents or siblings. The pain was felt throughout America, and the entire nation came together to console and support one another. “United We Stand” never felt so strong. Although this solemn day is marked with loss and sadness, we can also look back at how people across the nation came together. Today can remind us that we are not all that different from one another. While we may have different views, we still have the same fundamental rights and ideas within life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. We at VA Mortgage Corp will carry this event with us in our hearts. We will never forget.
Working with Sherry Huhn made the homebuying process a great experience for our family. She was with us throughout the entire process and informed us every step of the way. I refer all my family and friends to Sherry Huhn and her talented mortgage team.