15 Year Fixed
A traditional way to mortgage is to pay off your home faster. If paying less interest throughout the loan is your goal‚ the 15 Year Fixed loan is right for you.
Today’s low 15–year fixed rates can mean major savings for you
- Pay your home off faster
- Pay less interest over the course of your loan
- Security of a consistent rate and payment
15–year fixed rates are typically lower than a longer–term loan. This makes the 15–year fixed loan more attractive if you are wanting the pay less interest overall.
Other loans you might be interested in:
- 30–year loan
- FHA loan
- VA loan
Why a 15 Year Fixed?
15–year fixed–rate mortgage qualification requirements:
- Refinance up to 97% of your primary home’s value
- Buy a home with as little as 3% down (primary home)
- Typically‚ lower rates than a longer term fixed loan
How a 15-year fixed-rate mortgage works:
- Your monthly payment is based on your interest rate‚ principal loan amount‚ and amortized interest over 15 years
- Your principal and interest payment will not change throughout the life of the loan
- Pay your mortgage at any time without prepayment penalties
- Pay your mortgage at any time to decrease overall interest charges